I almost didn't squeeze this post in today, but here I am, just minutes before midnight. I was with my sister today. One should never assume that a day spent with one's sister will end at a reasonable hour. Ahem.
- had whole wheat toast with butter and preserves for breakfast, same as the day before
- went to James's swimming lesson. He "dove" off the diving board twice (really a front-leaning jump -- almost belly flop)
- played dress-up. I'm loving Fiona's particular sense of humor these days.
- laundry and dishes, laundry and dishes.
- had some lunchtime shenanigans based on these dogs (the dogs are funny, but my kids imitating them is downright hilarious.)
- James proudly hand-sewed some fabric together, his first sewing project (unassisted by me!)
- did a doll performance in the living room
- played outside for a long time
- it was cool and so pleasant!
- practiced writing cursive (even James had a go with a "J")
- enjoyed some chips with salsa made by one of my best friends!
- had baked chicken, brown rice, and salad (with lettuce from our CSA and mustard greens from a friend) for dinner
- enjoyed animal crackers as before-bed treat
- listened to the crickets as we drifted off in our (cool) beds